This program is designed to help you successfully prepare to complete the process of sitting for the Certified Public Fleet Professional.
For information about the APWA Certified Public Fleet Professional credential, eligiblity, and exam, visit: http://www.apwa.net/credentialing/certification/Certified-Public-Fleet-Professional-(CPFP)
This webcast series focuses you on areas of content domain, available resources and analysis of specialty topics found within the fleet world. This program cannot overcome lack of experience, and this review will not guarantee a pass rate. But, the series includes tips on how to study prior to taking the exam and leaves you with additional self-directed study questions and information.
The topic review areas for the three-part series includes:
Developing a Strategic Plan
- Relationship with the organization
- Policies and procedures
- Responsibilities Asset Management
- Useful life and amortization schedule
- Asset management program
- Managing utilization
- Funding options
- Acquisition strategies Information Management
- Fleet management/fuel management system
- Data as a decision support tool
- Understanding of system security and integrity
Shop Operations Management
- Safe, efficient, and effective shop operations
- Optimization of work flow and manpower coordination
- Cost and review repair history
- PM program
- Warranties, recalls and campaigns
- Performance standards (downtime, shop rates, repair timelines)
- Priority vehicle repair policy
- Parts management process
- Reorder points and inventory levels
- New acquisitions and obsolete parts removal
- Conducting physical inventories
- Parts warranties and core credits Fuel and Lubricants Management
- Dispensing and storage systems
- Environmental regulations
- Availability during emergencies Risk/Environmental Management
- Repair versus replace policy
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Material Safety Data Sheet Program
Human Resource Management
- Staffing requirements
- Monitor employee performance standards
- Employee training programs
Sites registering for all three broadcasts receive a pricing incentive of $500 for member and $650 for non-members for all three programs.
Disclaimer: APWA Education is independent of APWA Certification. APWA certification programs are governed by the Certification Commission, a semi-independent certifying body of APWA. In adherence to certification industry standards, the Commission volunteers and staff are not involved in the development of any preparatory programs, and no preparatory programs are endorsed by the Commission nor are any prerequisites to earning APWA certifications.
This program has been approved for .2 CEUs or 2 PDHs. Please note there is a $5 fee per non-member individual requesting CEUs.
This program is a rebroadcast of the original program. This event will be streamed to you and will require use of your computer’s speakers.
If you are planning to apply for the certification program, please make sure to check all application deadlines as some may occur prior to the study guide course.